(Chibi Maruko-chan, gif by dezaki)
If you need calming down first, see the calm down page!
[Navigation: Read | Watch | Play | View Art | Blogs & Resources]
Chansey's Egg-cellent Adventure! - a cute and short fancomic that reads like a children's book.
- How to Take Care of Your Pokemon Plush - a tongue-in-cheek guide with adorable photograph illustrations of a Pikachu plushie!
- Good News Network - good news only! We're exposed to more bad news than our predecessors ever were, so sometimes, it's important to step back and remember there is good in the world... otherwise, we'd lose hope and won't be able to help anything at all!
- British parrot missing for four years, returns speaking Spanish - a story very reminiscent to a childhood favourite film of mine (Paulie, 1998), there is no part of this news article that isn't as enchanting an adventure as Paulie's... Nigel (Morgan) had a great adventure and was lucky to be taken in by humans who loved him over the course of it, and even met his old owner again (being microchipped!).
- Kafka and the Doll - a healing anecdote about love and loss, wherein the famous author Franz Kafka helps a little girl who lost her doll with sensitivity and creativity.
- Childrens' Books Online - a wonderful collection of old children's books you can read on the website itself (there is also an option to have each page read aloud to you!). There are also translations offered for some (mostly the very simple and short ones) books in different languages, including Arabic and Farsi! ♥ The vintage illustrations wre too sweet... learned of this thanks to my friend who runs Dollhouse Garden!
- An astrophycist is admitted to the hospital for removal of four magnets stuck up his nose while attempting to invent a device to help discourage face-touching - it's just funny and no real harm done!
- Childhood sweethearts, aged 6 and 7, try to elope to Africa to get married 'where it is warm' - one of the cutest news articles I ever read.
- The mouse deer, believed to be extinct for nearly 30 years, has been spotted and photographed alive!
- Speaking of tiny deer, look up the pudu and the dikdik (this last one is a tiny antelope, not a deer!)
- Princess Skye's list of ideas to live a more Lolita*-like life (as in the whimsical, childlike, old European-inspired Lolita fashion, not the book, nothing inappropriate here*)
- The books Little Women by Louisa M. Alcott and Dear Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster are very funny!
(A little animation promoting Hellopet, I never played it, but this short animation is cute and tells a heartwarming little story on its own!)
- A bunny eats a tiny snowman's carrot nose - provision comes in the most unexpected ways sometimes!
- An adventurous baby beaver wants to go swimming, but mom says stay put - a very cute video animal video to cheer you up.
- Hair Love - a heartwarming animaton of a dad trying to help brush and style his daughter's hair, while her mom's in hospital (possibly undergoing chemotherapy—nothing sadder happens here though!). Disney and PIXAR animators worked on this too! Note: background music.
- A very cute video of a little girl doing tahseen* for her pet bunny - she's trying to recite the Verse of the Throne (Ayat Al-Kursi) for protection. It's very cute! ;3;
- IyashiAnimal__ - a Japanese twitter that collects animal videos that give a healing (iyashi) experience to watch! Watch some cute critters and you'll hopefully start to feel better! ♥
- Hungarian Folktales, an official You Tube channel dedicated to sharing animated folktales. They're much more accurate to the original stories (so, things like the big, bad wolf being cut open to free the victims [who were eaten whole/alive, of course] and sewing him up with rocks are depicted, bloodlessly, of course) than a lot of more sanitized, Disney-esque versions, while being still safe for kids to watch! The intro is very pretty and the art style very unique and charming.
- 1 day old sea otter sleeping on mom, who showers them with otter kisses!
- The Only Slightly Exaggerated and Only Slightly (More) Exaggerated commercials for Travel Oregon are very charmingly animated with Ghibli-esque whimsy and splendid art.
- Inko Colors - a very cute independant animated short about a group of heroic parakeets who solve problems, in this story, they help save a lost, young parakeet! Sora (and I think also Leo) are based on the animator's pets and there are very sweet videos of Sora cuddling into her human friend's hand. ;3;
- Hand Feeding Baby Zebra Finch - these beeping little birds sound like squeaky toys which always amuses me... even when they grow up!
- Studio Ghibli Museum, Mitaka - go on a little virtual trip through the museum!!
- A lady rescues a very young bird whose nest was destroyed and whose mother didn’t return - watch the rescued birdy grow up!
- Sharks! - a cute anime clip from Sweetness & Lightning; Tsumugi plays pretend while crossing the street, imagining sharks swimming where it isn't safe...!
- A cockatiel who loves to thow things (set to music)
- Have you ever listened to a deer's sound?
- Котенок по имени Гав (A Kitten Named Woof) - this is a very, very cute and beautifully designed Soviet Union-era animation about a naive kitten, who also later befriends a puppy. It's very heartwarming and sweet, with vibrant colours. The You Tube videos have English subtitles in the captions, so enable them!
- Sylvanian Families Official - this You Tube channel includes cute shorts starring the adorably old-fashioned, anthropomorphic animal characters of this franchise. Cute and sweet!
- VanillaHamHam - watch tiny meals be cooked (like a tiny stack of pancakes!!) and lovingly prepared for a pampered little pet hamster! The hamster's owner is very creative and also made fun cardboard environments for the hamster to play in, like this cute pastel ice cream truck. There will be no more new videos, sadly, but Vanilla's bright-eyed curiosity and cheerful adventures are recorded here.
- Watch something funny, like a comedy! Personally, I think movies like Ice Age and Emperor's New Groove are hilarious, my childhood favourites like Chibi Maruko-chan, the old Pokemon pre-movie shorts (especially Pikachu's Summer Vacation), and Mr. Bean (the live action one, it's little things like him trying to get the TV aerial to work...) always get me smiling, but everybody's tastes are different!
Other funny anime that stay pretty light-hearted throughout are Ouran High School Host Club, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, My Next Life as a Villainess, Chi's Sweet Home (2008), and Azumanga Daioh! (*note that there's a creepy teacher who's obsessed with teenage girls—he never does anything more than leer at people and everyone treats him like a gross nuisance, but warning just in case!),
- If you're learning a new language, how about watching some kid's shows in that language? It can help you see how much you've learned, pick up new vocabulary (if it's also subtitled and you look up the words you hear), and just be relaxing to watch!
Jibi Land is a very cute mobile game (it has ads, though!), with cery cute characters, lots of animal "stickers" to collect, and easy to learn gameplay (so far?). I like that you can play at your own pace and explore the world, you can interact with nearly everything, and the game walks you through new things as they come up.
- We the Pixies - although I never played the original, this is awebsite attempting to recreate the experience of playing on the old Disney Pixie Hollow game! So far, you can create your own character! Take screencaps befor saving in case of any errors or loading issues.
- Sanrio offers a bunch of free printable activities featuring Hello Kitty (including colouring pages for children and therapeutic ones for adults [the one of her surrounded by lush leaves looks especially mesmerizing), greeting cards, crosswords, papercraft figures, and frebies like backgrounds for phones and desktops.
- You can play old/abandonware DoS and early Windows games on classicreload (without needing to download them, you play them emulated in-browser!), which has a lot of nostalgic games, my favourites here include Barbie as Rapunzel (this predates the 3D film and has different characters and a different journey, definitely worth checking out! It's part animated storybook and part a series of mini-games, like a dress-up and mix-and-match and maze...) and Hello Kitty Big Fun Deluxe.
- You can play some nostalgic old games on a kid's site (like PBSkids.org, SesameStreet.org, American Girl! Or sign into an old Neopets account (or make one, if you never had one before!), play some games, feed your pets, do the dailies...
- If you have a Switch, the free-to-download jumprope challenge is quite fun and cute, you play as a little bunny in a children's book style (kind of similar to Miffy), which you can dress up (there's a lot of outfit choices!), each day, you can win a different background with different sound effects for each jump for every 100 jumps, it seems, Day 1 was a cat with meowing sounds every jump, Day 2 was a beach! Jumping beyond that gives you bouquets after you fill out the bar. ♥
- If you have an Apple or Android phone, you can play Pastel Girl! It's a calm dress-up game with a lot of cute animations, backgrounds, pets, and many different skin and hair colours. The developer SeyeonSoft likes to retweet players' creations too! Pastel Friends is a new work by the same creator. ^^
- Orisinal: Morning Sunshine, a place to play mostly calming and sweet flash games! - with the exception of maybe one or two games that are action-oriented, the majority are sweet, gentle, and feature animals and whimsical concepts (you make clouds rain in one game and help a deer cross a river in another, in my favourite game, Winterbells, you help a rabbit hop higher into the sky by climbing bells that turn into stars! ♥)
- Healing games like Tomotoru and Animal Crossing are good choices (the mobile app for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is free, Tomotoru's first room is free, it also has some cute features like a VR camera that lets you take pictures of characters in your room!).
- CocoPPa Play has lovely graphics and fun events!). If you play for free, it will force you to take breaks!
- Love Nikki is also a really good one with gorgeous, more detailed artwork (only one body type, but different skin tones available from the start like CocoPPa, but given the hundreds of of clothes, understandable that artists wouldn't want to make size variations on every one ^^;), and the most creative and sweetest item descriptions (it reminds me of playing The Sims, the items tend to tell a story, especially full suits together, about who owned them or why they were made or nostalgic memories Nikki had with them).
It's quite challenging and fun too and the different nations have different styles (Lillith is fairy tale-influenced and Lolita fashion, Pigeon is historical and especially Rococo, North is a warrior culture with armor and weapons...). The limited time events also have sweet stories!
(CW for some mild racial/culture stereotyping exoticism and sexualization of darker skin [there are natural, afto-textured hair options but the descriptions and names are usually references to music/dancing and your opponents can say catty things during the judging/battles, although in the actual story, you're usually helping them by making outfits to inspire or help give them ideas. Very sweet atmosphere!)
- Play some nostalgic games from your childhood, there are abandonware sites that collect and share games legally (as the companies no longer exist, only secondhand copies available, and their devices are obselete], if you're scared of downloading from shady wbesites, there also ones that let you play old games in your browser! Watching playthroughs on You Tube is also an option. Old PC games I like include Barbie as Rapunzel, Hello Kitty Big Fun Deluxe, JumpStart educational games, various Sierra kid's games, any of those cartoon-making games.
Note: I don't spend money on gacha games becase it's against my religion to gamble, and this way, the time you spend playing outside of just dressing up can be reasonably limited, so it keeps you fom playing too long uninterrupted. ^^
- Milk & Mocha (milkmochabear) - cute comics about a pair of bears that love each other.
- mameeeekueya - this artist draws such cutr and intricate outfits, I love the Pokemon gijinka! Like this warmly-dressed Vanillite and these Alcremie in adorable dresses!
- Hello Kitty - the official English twitter for Hello Kitty, in the middt of more standard advertisements about products and collaborations, has really sweet and helpful graphics with reminders on wellness and I think it's very charming, might be especially helpful for Sanrio fans, I'd print them out if I could! ♥
- funwariusa - very cute, stylized artwork of an anthropomorphic bunny going about her day, as well as a lot of very whimsical and fanciful drawings. It's got a childlike charm to the style! The artist also makes calendar/lockscreens and fun little activities like this spot-the-difference.
- heathersketcher - cute artwork of round, soft animals (like bunnies) and fantasy creatures—as soon as I saw this cheery comic, I knew I had to include them!!
- Forest Girl Diary - whimsical, light fantasy artwork with a Mori kei vibe
- nsmmm - whimsical, nostalgic, and beautifully immersive artwork of a goat girl and fawn boy exploring the world together; it has a Studio Ghibli-like quality!
- chibird - cute artwork with positive messages
- mouseshouses - cute artwork and stop motion animation of antrhopomorphic mice and their intricate little worlds... the artist has also published some books!
- Bug Eyed Freaks - a very fun and cute blog dedicated to the original/90's Powerpuff Girls! There's fanart, screencaps, comic panels, obscure merch (and some funny bootlegs), and Bug has a great sense of humour writing it too! ♥ It was inactive a while because running it felt like too much of an obligation to be a buffer against unpleasantness in the fandom, but Bug seems to be doing better now an I hope she's having fun again!!
- Web of Good News - similar to Good News Network above, good news only!
- flowerais - advice on self-care, positive messages, and animal/nature pictures
Go back home!